Monday, June 13, 2011

How dare you...

Student: I have had nothing but problems with student loans. I have a son starting school soon and there's no way I want him to get Subsidized loans.

Me: Yeah the Department of Education has really started to tighten up the rules on Title IV loans.

S: I know, its just ridiculous. I mean, you can't get them discharged through bankruptcy or anything!

M: Yeah they are really trying to reduce the amount of loans that get defaulted.

S: Its not just that, they will take it out of your Social Security.

M: If it comes to it they will. They really want students to pay back the loans they are given.

S: I know, its just so unbelievable!

M: ...


Of all the nerve. The DOE really needs to get a hold of itself. I mean come on, they're LOANS, why should student have to pay them back? I mean its not like they signed anything requiring them to repay them.

No comments:

Post a Comment