Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The colors Duke, the colors!

Student: I was wondering if you could help me with this over here?

Me: Sure

(On the screen, is a listing of all financial aid that he has been awarded. Alternating lines are shaded blue to make it easier for students to track the individual awards across the screen.)

S: Okay so whats the difference between whats in blue and whats not?

M: There is no difference between the two, we just shade it that way so it's easier to follow.

S: Oh Okay. Now this unsubsidized loan, that's the one I don't have to pay back right?

M: No. Anything that is a loan, you will have to pay back.

S: Okay so loans I pay back, grants I don't.

M: Correct.

S: Okay so do I have to pay back this Student Grant?

M: No, its a grant you don't have to pay that back.

S: Oh oh oh ok ok. So it says here I need to act on all the awards, do they just mean the blue ones?

M: No. Ignore the blue shading, it has no affect on your financial aide.

S: Oh ok. So just accept them?

M: Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment