Monday, February 14, 2011

According to my in-depth research (someone notify the people and Merriam-Webster that the definition of "in-depth" needs to be edited to include, "glancing over a wikipedia page a second time"), I learned that Alexander Bell was given the first patent for the telephone in 1876, which makes the handy device 135 years old. I find it difficult to believe that there are people in modern world who do not understand what the purpose and functionality of a phone are. Today, a man came into my office and provided the follow discussion:


Student: I can't log in because I can't remember my password.

Me: Okay, you will need to call tech support and have them reset your password.

Student: Okay call them and they will reset it?

Me: Correct.

Student: You mean I gotta use the phone?

Me: ...

No comments:

Post a Comment