Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Malapropisms & Misapplications

Not every person who walks into my office leaves me with a great story. Most interactions go smoothly, with no incident. Somewhere in the middle though, are my favorite people. They are the unpaid experts, who want me to know, that they know, exactly what they are talking about. They like to lower my guard by talking endlessly, and just when I am too the point of tears, they sneak it in. Here are just a few examples in what should be an ongoing series. From the students auditory cavity, to my phalangical tips, to your optical balls...

"The class was not the correct angle for my degree."

"I need to take an intravenous class this summer."

"I am still talking with my teacher to see if I can savage the class."

"I am taking summer courses, and I wanted to know if my FAFSA application will survive that?"

"I just wanted to know if luck would be shot if I fail my final?"

No comments:

Post a Comment