Monday, April 18, 2011

WHAT is the capital of Assyria?

(Before I get to today's post, I would like to start by reiterating that my office deals solely with those seeking higher education. We provide financial aid for people taking COLLEGE courses towards their COLLEGE degree.)

On the FAFSA application, their is a new section that asks students to confirm their high schools location by answering me these questions three filling in three boxes that ask the name, city and state where their high school was located. There are toddlers out there who haven't grasped the concept of "poopy in the potty" that could name the city and state they were in. And yet, the following occurred today...

Student: Is New London, Connecticut like in Connecticut?

Me: I'm sorry ma'am I can't hear you, you'll have to speak up.

S: Is New London, Connecticut like in Connecticut or would it be somewhere else like New Hampshire?

M: Well, I've never heard of New London, so I am not sure what state it is in. Connecticut is a state though, so that might be what you are looking for.

S: Ok well I put Texas, is that okay?

M: ...

Normally this is where someone would tell you to brace yourself for this the future of our country. But sleep soundly America, chances are that they'll never figure out where you are anyway.

1 comment:

  1. New London is, indeed, in Connecticut. #themoreyouknow

    ReplyDelete